Sunday we had a wonderful lesson, I wanted to share a part of the lesson here since I thought they were great ideals to live by. These were written by George Albert Smith when he was 34 years old and there are many who can testify that he lived by them till the end of his life.
1. I would be a friend to the friendless and find joy in ministering to the needs of the poor.
2. I would visit the sick and afflicted and inspire in them a desire for faith to be healed
3. I would teach the truth to the understanding and blessing of all mankind.
4. I would seek out the erring one and try to win him back to a righteous and a happy life.
5. I would live with the masses and help to solve their problems that their earth life may be happy.
6. I would live with the masses and help to solve their problems that their earth life may be happy.
7. I would avoid the publicity of high positions and discourage the flattery of thoughtless friends.
8. I would not knowlingly wound the feelings of any, not even one who may have wronged me,
but would seek to do him good and make him my friend.
9. I would overcome the tendency to selfishness and jealousy and rejoice in the successes of all the
children of my Heavenly Father
10. I would not be an enemy to any living soul.
11. Knowing that the Redeemer of mankind has offered to the world the only plan that will fully develop us and make us really happy here and hereafter, I feel it not only a duty but also a blessed privilege to disseminate this truth.
Now if I can only live up to a few of these ideals... though they aren't hard when you truly read and ponder them, you would have to think every second, minute, hour, of everyday to consciously do these till they became habit. But it would be well worth the effort and the blessings would be immeasureable. But them by the time you did these things without things who would be thinking of the blessings you would receive but the blessing you could and would be to all those around you.