I thought it would be fun to learn to make my own blog button. So I played around with it yesterday while the kids did their independent work.
I found wonderful directions here, they are very easy to follow even for this very visual person, who has to have pictures to really understand what I am to do. I used my Microsoft Paint to add the wording like I do on the header. And to shrink it down I used Microsoft Picture Manager. I used two different programs since the picture manager let me see the pixel size and Paint I couldn't, but I could add the wording with it.
Here is the final product of my labors I did start out with a photo that is the same as my blog header but I just didn't like it. And so I went into the yard with my mixed jar of vintage and not so vintage buttons and the camera. One of the barn cats and I had alot of fun he liked crawling into my lap and I liked looking for unique things to take pictures on.
I wanted to play around since it is a blog button I thought my antique mason jar and buttons would fit the bill. Here are some of the winners of all the photos I took. The first is the original for the button, it is take on a fence rail that has a grape vine growing on it.
This one on a big rock I have in one of my flower beds with the Periwinkles around it.
This one had 3 different sizes of buttons for a man's dress shirt. Small for the collar button down, a row for the front buttons, and a row for the cuff buttons and was only 29 cents.
I remember my grandmother fondly with her sewing all the time. She made most of her clothing and she always made me summer clothing.
When she died I received most of her fabric and over the years my mom and has slowly given me her sewing supplies, all the way she left them it has been fun to go thru them and remember her using them and then finding joy in our shared love of sewing.